5 tips for effective lead generation
Lead generation is the backbone of most companies’ B2B sales strategy. But in today’s competitive environment it’s extremely hard for a B2B company to avoid overstretching yourselves and end up cracking under pressure.
Does your company depend on a lead generation system that brings in inconsistent results? Are you struggling to establish a stronger sales pipeline that will ensure you obtain and retain steady growth? Or are you looking for more effective B2B lead generation ideas to test?
To save you some time, we’ve trawled through the net and rounded up some of the best ideas that you can use for your own lead generation building:
- Use Referrals: Treating your customers right is the surest way to get more customers. Referrals tend to be the best customers, too – they already know what to expect from you and are incredibly easy to sell to. Also word of mouth marketing is one of the most effective means of promoting your company.
- Utilize Social Media and other direct online channels to the fullest extent possible. Connect with as many key decision-makers, business owners, and entrepreneurs as possible and have a point of contact for you prospect companies. These are people that are actually authorized to BUY.
Also create and share quality content that has a clear call-to-action with your growing network, which helps to convert your visitors into full-fledged leads and customers.
- Your network is your net worth. Being thoughtful and intentional with how you connect and engage matters to the results you gain. Salespeople who learn social selling practices are more effective because they connect directly with business decision makers and they build better relationships resulting in more profitable long-term opportunities.
- Offer e-books and other interesting content for free, don’t gate it. This works really well with top of funnel traffic in that the majority of your visitors will not be familiar with your brand, services, or products. By offering them a piece of content to help build trust and establish a relationship. Afterwards you can then use lead nurturing to move them further down the funnel once trust has been established.
- Use your social channels to promote your content, and then use the content itself to direct people to interact with your brand on Social Media and other online channels. It should be a harmonious cycle. The better quality content you produce, the more opportunities arise for you to share and engage.
These are only a few ideas on how to build on your Lead generation. Keep in mind that none of these solutions will be effective for lead generation if you don’t use them strategically, consistently and systematically.
It is also important to remember, that in business any first interactions should be treated like a first date. Don’t make assumptions and don’t come off too strong when you’re contacting prospects and building your leads. Ideally, you should spend some time learning about your target’s areas of interest and needs if possible, then determine if they are a viable fit and plan out your next steps.